August 28, 2007

Monster Cable is once again revolutionizing the HDMI experience by offering different HDMI cables for different High Definition speeds. How will this help High Definition owners you might ask? The new HDMI cables from Monster (Monster Cable 500HD, Monster Cable 700HD and Monster Cable 1000HD) give you the exact speed needed for different High Def capable products like TV’s, Cable/Satellite Receivers or DVD players. The great thing about these cables is that you know for a fact that you aren’t getting any less or any more performance than you need for the components you have. This isn’t just Monster making their own claims, Simplay Labs, the leader in HDMI Testing, has speed certified each one of these cables.

The new HDMI cables are designed to work with the different levels of HDMI offered by the electronics equipment of both today and tomorrow.

Standard SpeedStandard Speed HDMI Cables – Progressive Scan video from components like progressive scan DVD players, first generation HDTV’s and Cable/Satellite Receivers. The Monster Cable 500HD HDMI cable is set to handle standard speed (720p-1080i) equipment like the ones mentioned above. This cable will give you the best picture for the lowest price available.

High Speed HDMI Cables – New generation DVD players, HDTV’s and Cable/Satellite Receivers. The Monster Cable 700HD HDMI cable is the right one for any of these components and can handle a 1080p signal. This cable is meant to handle a signal that carries high speed signals that give off immersive sound and vivid color.

Ultra High SpeedUltra High Speed HDMI Cables – Advanced projectors, larger HDTVs and high definition AV sources. These components require the fastest High Definition Signal to operate correctly. The Monster Cable 1000HD HDMI Cable is the cable that should be used for next generation HD equipment.

Live Forever – Full Lifetime Warranty – Not only do Monster’s new cables match up with the correct speed, they also come with the Monster Live for Ever full lifetime warranty which is definitely the best warranty in the business. Monster is offering this warranty because they have the confidence that their cables will not wear down or break no matter how much they are used. They are also able to hold up when run through walls or floors, places where normal HDMI cables may not last as long.

Monster continues to be the industry leader in performance cables that allow our electronics equipment to maximize their potential. Their new set of HDMI cables offer a solution for every HD enthusiast whether you have a basic High Def home theater system or the best money can buy. These HDMI cables offer a completely customizable HD experience that you can’t get from any other brand.

The Monster 500HD, Monster 700HD and Monster 1000HD are now available for pre-order and should ship approximately the first week of September 2007.

Posted in HDTV, New Products

47 comments on “Monster Cable’s New HDMI Cable Solutions

1. I have a HDTV & BLU-RAY-DVD. I’m looking for the best HDMI cable from Monster. I only use monster. I have it down to (1000hd Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable) or ( M1000 HDTV HDMI Cable). I only need about 2m, Which one will give me a Sharpest Picture? It looks to me that the (M1000 HDTV HDMI Cable) is a better built cable but is that the only difference? It’s not the money I don’t mind paying for the best. Can you help me with this?

David,

These are both very good cables and will be able to handle the highest bandwidth available. However, if you are looking for the absolute best, the M1000 HDTV HDMI Cable is the right choice for a few reasons. Not only is it certified to handle 10.2 Gigabits of data per second, it has silver coated connectors for maximum signal transfer. I’m not sure if you are doing an in-wall installation or not but the M1000 HDTV HDMI Cable is UL listed for custom installation and is one of the most durable HDMI cables you will find.

3. hi

I want to buy a DVI to HDMI Cable for my HDTV and my PS3, however I am curious toward if the cable will also cover the stereo or do I have to buy another cable for that…

DVI for HDTV

HDMI for PS3

Please get back to me I am ready to purchase.

Steve,
    HDMI to DVI cables do not carry a sound signal so you are going to have to get an audio cable. I am a little confused about your setup. I’m not sure whether you are going straight to your TV with the Playstation 3 or if you are going from the Playstation 3 to a receiver and then to your TV. If you could give us a little more information on your setup we can give you exactly what you need to get the best gaming and movie experience possible. Either write another post, call us at 1-866-224-6171 or send us an e-mail at sales@4electronicwarehouse.com and give us more info on your setup like what kind of connections your TV and/or receiver has. We have a variety of Playstation 3 Cables, HDMI to DVI Cables and Digital or Analog Audio Cables that will work with your system. Hope to hear from you soon.

5. hi

as far as Monster 800 compare to 600 or 400 it is all the same right?

Only difference is the length?

Steve,
    Actually there is a difference between the three. The 800 HDMI Cable is THX Certified and has thicker connectors that are able to deliver a cleaner signal with minimal interference. The 600 and the 400 are very similar, the difference between them is the 600 is THX certified. The 600 and 400 cables are both good cables but if you are looking for the best out of the three, then the 800 is the way to go.

7. Gentlemen,to give the best picture & sound on my new Sharp Aquos LC-42D72U TV,I will buy a very good 4 Ft. HDMI Monster Cable.Please tell me if there is a difference between the following cables. Ultra 1000 advanced HDMI(10.2Gbps)3U V1000HDMI-4 (114008-00) & the MC1000HD Ultra Height speed HDMI. Thank you Bob

Bob,
    These are all very good cables but there are differences between them. If I were to recommend one of these cables out of the three that would give you the absolute best HD experience it would have to be the M1000 HDMI cable. The M-Series is the Cadillac of Monster’s cable lines, the M1000 HDMI cable is built for speed, signal quality and durability. It will be able to carry any signal up to 10.2 gigabits per second while having the fewest amount of errors due to its silver coated connectors. It is also built to be extremely durable for complicated in-wall installations. If you are looking for the absolute best, the M1000 HDMI cable is your best bet.

9. I currently have a 720p Vizio 50″HDTV(latest version),Sony 810 A/V receiver w/3in 1out HDMI connection,Directv HD receiver, HD upconversion DVD player,& am’going to use Bose acoustimass 16 seriesII for surround sound.What is the best HDMI cable for my needs now & then future upgrades like 1080p HDTV & Blu-Ray or HD DVD?

Ferman,
    Any Monster Cable that has a Monster Cable For Life badge attached to it guarantees that the cable will work with future technology. If you are going to use an HDMI cable without any in-wall installation then I suggest the Monster MC 1000HD Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable. If you will be feeding the cable through a wall than the Monster M1000 HDMI Cable is your best bet since it is UL listed for in-wall installation. Either of these cables will pass the fastest HDMI signals of the present and the future.

11. Please let me know which Monster HDMI cable is best for my application. I have a DISH Satellite HD receiver that I need an HDMI cable to connect to my SONY DA7100ES receiver. I have a 50″ SONY XBR 1080p TV, which is already utilizing a HDMI cable to connect to my receiver.

Thank you for your help!

Judy,
    I will suggest the same thing for you as I did for Ferman above, either the Monster MC 1000HD Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable or the Monster M1000 HDMI Cable. If you are not going to be running the new cable through a wall then get the MC 1000HD HDMI Cable, if you are going to be going through a wall then get the M1000 HDMI Cable because it is made for in-wall installations. These are two of Monster’s top HDMI cables and will give you a great HD experience. Either cable is a good choice and both have the Cable For Life guarantee which means that they will work with future technology as well. I’m not sure what kind of other HDMI cable you are using but if its not Monster you may want to consider replacing that cable with an M1000 or an MC 1000HD because they will give you a better quality signal and will last into the future.

13. paullewin on said:

i have a jvc hd-61g787 tv and a jvc xv-n650b upconvert dvd player. i just purchased a bose lifestyle v-20 from you, what hdmi cables do you suggest, standard speed or high speed. the tv is 720p-1080i, also when useing hdmi do i still need to use component cables? thank-you

Paul,
    Glad to hear you got the V20, its a great system and will use its full potential with HDMI. Keep in mind that you will need an HDMI cable to go from your V20 Output to the TV and one for each additional component like your DVD player or a Cable Box. The MC 500 Standard Speed Cable will be fine to connect the DVD player to the V20. But for the V20 to TV connection I would suggest getting the High Speed or Ultra High Speed Cable for upscaling purposes. I’m not sure what other components you are going to connect to the V20, but understand that the V20 will take any other signal it receives and convert it to go through the HDMI output to the TV. For this you will want a cable that can handle more bandwidth like the MC 700 High Speed or MC 1000 Ultra High Speed HDMI Cables to give you the best possible picture.

You will not need to use component video on your V20 output (if you have an HDMI connection) or any input that you have connected with HDMI.

15. Hi,
    I need a quality cable to connect my new Toshiba HD A-30 dvd player to my plasma panasonic 42″ . Should I get the 600, 800, or 1000? There’s already a monster cable connected to the cable box but I don’t know the number on it. I was wondering if there has to be a compatability between the two. (I threw out the packaging to that Monster Cable which I received last week on the web) Thanks for your advice.

Mindy,
    The MC 800 HDMI Cable is built for today’s High Definition Disc players Cable Boxes so it will work great with your HD-DVD player. You don’t need to worry about the model of the other HDMI cable because the two will have no interaction at all.

17. I have a new Samsung 52″ LCD and Blu-ray. I also have a Dish network HD satellite. I originally bought the Monster Cable “Ultra 600″. But after doing some research I’ve found Monster Cable doesn’t even have it on their website any longer and that it only supports 720p/1080i. Is this true, because I can’t get a for sure answer anywhere. As far as the satellite, does it really matter which HDMI I use on that since from my understanding HD channels are 720p/1080i? Should I get the new v1.3 HDMI cables with my set up????

Tim,
    You are correct, your satellite will only produce 720p and 1080i resolutions, using the cable you bought to hook up the satellite should work just fine. I wouldn’t say that particular cable can’t pass a 1080p signal because it probably can, but your picture quality may not be what you want it to be. If you want to be assured that you are getting the best possible picture I would recommend either the Monster MC 800HD Advanced High Speed Cable or the Monster MC 1000HD Ultra High Speed Cable.

If you are using a Home Theater Receiver, use the connections I suggested above for the inputs but get a high quality cable like the MC 800HD or MC 1000HD for the output since every HDMI signal will run through that particular cable.

19. Dan Dreiling on said:

I have a Sony KDL26S3000 HDTV with Dish satellite HD reciever. Also a DVD player. Will the Monster Cable 700 HD HDMI cable the one I need? And is it the only cable I need.
    Thanks, Dan

Dan,
    The Monster 700HD HDMI cable will work just fine for your HD receiver. If that is the only thing you are connecting with HDMI then that is the only cable you will need. Thats the beauty of HDMI, only one cable for audio and video.

I am not sure if you are wanting to connect your DVD player with HDMI or not, but if you are then get two Monster 700HD cables. There is a link to the Monster 700HD cable product page on the right side of the article above. Follow that link to purchase the cable.

21. Stephen on said:

I have recently puchased a new Samsung LNT5271F LCD TV and a Samsung BD-P1400 Blu Ray player. This is the third Blue ray, the first two were the Sony. I keep having picture problems, either it will start to become choppy or the movement will have trails. I know it is not the machine or the tv. It did it on my LG LCD also.

Any sugestions before I throw it out the window. I do have it connected with a HDMI cable.

Please help me.
    Stephen

Stephen,
    I would be willing to bet that you have a bum HDMI cable. You said that you have tried 3 different Blu-Ray Disc players on two different TVs but never said anything about switching the HDMI cable so I am assuming that you are using the same one. Do yourself a favor and spend a little extra money on a quality HDMI cable, it will probably fix your problem. Here is a link to our Monster HDMI cables.

23. I have a Sony DVP-CX995V multi disc DVD player that has an HDMI output. I have a Sony Bravia XB4 television with multiple HDMI inputs. After many different tests, cable swaps, etc., with no video signal being passed via the HDMI cable, I called Sony and they informed me that I needed to be using a HDMI cable that supports v1.3 in order to get it to work. I have been able to find cables online that claim to support HDMI v1.3 but I was told by a Best Buy salesperson that ALL Monster cable HDMI products will support v1.3. However, I can’t seem to find confirmation of that in writing on the Monster web site and certainly can’t prove it on my TV with the Monster Ultra 600 HDMI cable I am trying to use. Is my DVD player HDMI output defective or have I simplpy not yet tried the right cable?

Steve,
    The salesperson you talked to is not totally correct, most older Monster HDMI cables are able to pass 1.3 but not all of them. They will not say if they do or not because they were made for earlier versions of HDMI. All of the newer Monster HDMI cables like the ones shown in the article above and their M-Series HDMI cables will easily pass 1.3. If you get one of those cables (which are the best in the business) and your picture still doesn’t show, then you can be assured that it is another problem. If you are going directly from the DVD player to the TV and the audio is being passed but not the video, then it might be an HDMI cable issue.

25. Shawn on said:

What is the difference between the Monster Cable 1000hd and the M1000?

Shawn,
    These two cables will perform exactly the same and can both accept the highest bandwidth possible in an HDMI cable. The difference is the M1000 is made for in-wall installations because of its rugged design that protects it from any damages that occur during in-wall installations and extreme temperatures. If you are going to be running the HDMI cable through a wall, get the M1000 if you are just connecting it behind a TV stand get the MC 1000HD.

27. Shawn on said:

Thanks for you input on the HDMI cable, I purchased one right afterwards. Now I’m looking at purchasing a Components cable for my DVD player and/or cable box. I saw this on your website, do you recommend this product?

Would you consider top of the line for Monster? Thanks!

Shawn,
    This is a good cable and will work fine with anything. If you are using this for an HD Cable Box, there are other audio connections that will be better than the one used on this cable. The audio connections on this cable are analog audio connections which are good but if you want digital sound (which is better) you will need either a fiber optic cable or digital coaxial cable. You can still buy this same component cable by itself without the audio connection, and then buy a separate audio cable. Here is a link to the CV 200 Component Cable (same one as you were looking at) and here are links to the digital coaxial and digital optical pages. You need to first check and see if you have coaxial or optical outputs on your Cable Box and DVD player, if not just purchase the cable you were looking at in the first place.

29. I just bought a Monster HDMI cable and I was reading the small booklet “Hookup Tipes and Performance Guide” that comes with it, and it says that you should only plug one HDMI cable into your tv. “…you lose your picture when connecting two HDMI sources to your tv and swith between them. Connect one item with HDMI and the other item with component.” There is more but too much to type. Is this true, have you guys heard this? I did want to hook up one more then with HDMI but now I don’t know if I should. Advise?

John,
    Some older HDTVs could possibly have this problem but I wouldn’t worry about it. We do installs almost every day using 2 or even 3 HDMI connections on one TV. Good manufacturers make their TVs to work with HDMI and would not allow this to happen. Go ahead and use another HDMI cable, it should be fine. Here is a Link to our Monster HDMI cable page if you are interested in purchasing from us.

31. Russ on said:

I have a Sony Bravia 32″ hdtv- 720p-1080i –cable receiver- would it be any harm to use Monster ultra 1000 HDMI cable or would this be a overkill and be better to use lesser monster HDMI cable? thanks Russ

Russ,
    I don’t believe you can go wrong with buying the MC 1000HD Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable. You should never have to upgrade this cable again, and if you did it’s a Cable For Life . This cable will provide the best picture and audio quality you can get from your equipment.

33. I have a 1080p LCD HDTV (60hz) and a PS3. I planned to purchase the Ultra 600 Monster Cable for HDMI. Will this cable meet the needs of both the PS3 and the HD tuner/DVR?

Bob,
    I would suggest purchasing the Monster Cable MC 1000HD for your cable needs going to a 1080p HDTV. This cable will provide everything you will need now and anything that may come out in the future.

35. I recently purchased an LG 1080p 32″ LCD HDTV 32LG70 (it’s 60Hz). I hooked up my Playstation 3 with the HDMI I got with the system, but it doesn’t register the 1080p resolution; my screen is snowy and it flickers. I can see 1080i resolution just fine. Thinking it was the cable, I switched it to my Xbox 360 and it works fine. I ordered a Mediabridge 6′ 120Hz 1.3b category 2 HDMI cable. Do you think this will solve my problem, or should I take the plunge and get one of the Monster 1000HD HDMI cables?

36. Hi guys,

It’is a toss up between the M1000 and the 1000HD…. It’s an in-wall application at about 10 feet. The drywall is off so no fishing is required. I had an installer tell me to use the 1000HD because it was CL2 rated for in-wall use and the M1000 is not. Then I see posts here saying its fine for in-wall use. I then contacted Monster and they tell me that the M1000 comes in two versions, one with the nylon jacket (which is most common and the only one on their website) which is not rated for in-wall use, and then a version of the M1000 that has the rubber CL2 rating.

Well, now what?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Are the M1000 series rated for UL-CL2? I don’t see it listed on Monster’s site anywhere. Is the nylon jacket alright to go for in-wall installment in a new basement?

38. I recently purchased a new Vizio 32″ 720p HDTV and am having difficulty getting my HDMI cable to work. When I switch to HDMI from the s-cables the picture gets way too big for the screen and there is no audio. Is there a specific type of HDMI cable I need to get or do they not work with 720p TVs?

39. I am looking to purchase the Vizio VP505XVT HDTV. I am wondering if the High Speed cables will work with my Blu-Ray player with this TV (I am replacing a four year old 50″ Panasonic with 1080i quality picture) or do I need to step it up a level and go with the ultra high speed HDMI cable? I just purchased by Blu-Ray last winter.

40. Jose Ren on said:

I’ve been using these brilliant cables for the last 4 years, and all I can do is praise them. I seriously have not needed to even touch the HDMI cables since I put them in. I’m extremely happy that I bought these cables. Seriously, you just cannot go wrong with these.

41. Dennis Reed on said:

I have an Insignia 720p HDTV and a Verizon FIOS cable box. The supplied HDMI cable works fine, but the new Monster 1000 cable that I want to put into the wall doesn’t work at all. Any ideas?

Dennis Reed:

I’m not sure what the problem is. Can you provide more details? Did you buy the cable from us, or from an authorized dealer? If so, and if the cable is defective, you can get it replaced. But before you send it back or try another cable, make sure the connections are secure, the cable is not kinked and settings on each component is set properly. Try some basic troubleshooting, but if that doesn’t work then there might be something wrong with the cable. I doubt it, but it’s possible.

43. Richard on said:

What kind of cable do I need with the 55″ Samsung LCD TV 3D I just purchased, along with a Blu-ray DVD player capable of 3D? The Samsung dealer happened to have a 12 foot cord in his truck, when delivered, but I’m not convinced this is the best. I have surround sound also. Thanks.

Richard:

The HDMI standards organization introduced new specs for cables — v1.4 — but any “high speed” HDMI cable will be fine. So if you have a v1.3 HDMI cable that supports 10.2Gbps or higher you can use it to run 3D content.

Have you tried playing 3D content, and if so, did it work?

45. Pam Currier on said:

We just recently purchased a Samsung Blu-ray player, BD-C6500. We want to connect it to our 46″ Samsung LED TV. We also want to stream movies thru Netflix. Which HDMI cable would be the best to use? We also have Dish Satellite. Which cable would be best to connect from the TV to the Dish?

Pam Currier:

I always suggest buying the best cable you can afford. Make sure you get a high speed or higher, otherwise you won’t be able to get the most out of your HD components. If you’re doing anything special with the cables — in wall, long distance, etc — go with a higher quality cable so you get the more durable construction. Keep in mind that this article is from 2007, so some of the cables have changed. Visit our HDMI cable page for the latest product and HDMI information.

You can always call 1-866-224-6171 and talk to one of our HDMI specialists.

47. casio digital camera on said:

Hey! Do you advantage Twitter? I’d like to cultivate you if that would be ok. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look saucy to late updates.