Bose® Lifestyle 50
Digital Home Theater System
Bose® Lifestyle 50 Details
If you demand the best in everything, this is the home theater system for you. The only visible elements are Bose's tiny Jewel Cube® speakers and the revolutionary Personal™ music center, an interactive center that fits right in the palm of your hand. Everything else can be hidden away.
Featuring legendary Bose® performance, the Lifestyle® 50 system delivers 5-channel surround sound from any source. The Lifestyle® 50 system also features our unique multi-source expansion capability, which gives you up to four separate entertainment sources in your home – each of which can play sound from a different source.
Bose® Lifestyle 50 Specifications
- The new palm-sized Personal™ music center is a portable information/command device that lets you see at a glance what the system is doing, and operate it anywhere around the home with a press of the touchscreen. See which CD track is playing in the living room, adjust the TV volume in the den, or mute the system throughout the whole house - all quickly and easily, without taking a step.
- The five tiny Jewel Cube® speakers use neodymium iron boron magnets and other advanced Bose® technologies to deliver a roomful of sound. They combine with the hideaway Acoustimass® module to envelop you in rich, lifelike sound and deep bass produced without audible distortion.
- Digital decoding and a recent Bose breakthrough - Videostage® 5 decoding - bring you a high-quality, five-channel surround sound experience from any source: DVDs, all video cassettes, stereo CDs, even older mono TV shows and movies.
- New hideaway multi-room interface transmits and receives data from the Personal music center. It includes an AM/FM stereo tuner, inputs for additional sources, and multi-source/multi-room expansion capability that lets you play up to four different sources (e.g. TV, CD, radio and cassette) in four parts of the home simultaneously.
- System also includes a programmable six-disc CD changer that's elegant enough to place anywhere, and small enough to hide out of sight.
- The Personal™ music center offers easy-to-read backlit menus and simple touchscreen operation. Anchor buttons give quick access to the main functions, smart-sensing software preserves the battery, robust design adds durability. Commands are programmable to adapt to user preferences and a proprietary indicator lets you see the volume level before the system is turned on.
- Patented integrated signal processing automatically delivers lifelike sound at all listening levels, even at low volumes.
- Automatic tonal adjustment ensures the proper amount of bass when switching between music and movie sources. Movies sound impactful. Music sounds natural.
- Active electronic equalization provides smoother speaker response for greater clarity and a more natural sound.
- Bose® Digital Dynamic Range® compression lets you hear soft sounds (particularly dialogue) even at low listening levels, and still appreciate the impact of loud special effects. Especially useful for late night listening, it eliminates the need for you to constantly adjust the volume level.
- Six-disc CD changer offers skip, random, repeat and programmable play list. Stereo AM/FM radio offers 50 presets, scan and seek.
- Two sets of input jacks for TV and VCR sound, auxiliary digital input jack for a DVD player or other audio source, cassette deck in/out jacks, and output jacks for four independently-controllable rooms.
- Driver complement: two magnetically-shielded Bose 2" (5.1 cm) drivers in each Jewel Cube® speaker, two 5 1/4" (13.3 cm) woofers in module.
- Arrives in one box with wires, demonstration and test CDs, and a quick setup guide that will have you enjoying the performance in minutes.
- Dimensions: Personal music center 1 3/8"H x 8 3/4"W x 4 1/8"D (3.6 x 22.4 x 10.5 cm), Jewel Cube speakers 4 1/2"H x 2 1/4"W x 3 1/4"D (11.4 x 5.7 x 8.3 cm), CD changer 2 5/8"H x 15 1/2"W x 8"D (6.7 x 39.4 x 20.3 cm), Acoustimass® module 14"H x 23 3/8"W x 7 1/2"D (35.6 x 59.4 x 19.1 cm), multi-room interface 2 1/8"H x 7 3/8"W x 4"D (5.5 x 18.8 x 10 cm).
- Weight in carton: 59.5 lbs. (27 kg).
- One-year transferable limited warranty stays with the system even if ownership passes to another person.
- Jewel Cube speakers available in black or white, with matching module.
Bose® Lifestyle 50 Reviews
Product Q & A
The full manufacturer's warranty from Bose is only valid when the Bose Lifestyle 50 is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Bose Lifestyle 50. The Bose Lifestyle 50 may be referred to by the following terms: LIFESTYLE50SYSTEM, LS50B, LS50BK, LS50W, LS50WH.