Boston Acoustics RS 244C Quadruple 4â€ť Center Channel Loudspeaker
Elegant, scratch resistant high gloss black lacquer finish
Boston Acoustics RS 244C Quadruple 4â€ť Center Channel Loudspeaker Details
- Quadruple 4-inch FCCM woofers
- 1-inch EWB tweeter
- Deep ChannelÂ® Design (DCD) for more bass from less amplifier power
- MagnaGuardÂ® video shielding
- Elegant, scratch resistant high gloss black lacquer finish
- magnetic grille minimizes acoustical interference for an improved soundstage
- Dual gold plated five-way binding posts permit bi-wiring or bi-amping
While looks do impress, one of Reflection Seriesâ€™ unique features is actually â€śunder the hood.â€ť Our new EWB (Extended Wide Bandwidth) tweeter integrates the same tweeter dome technology and design found in our flagship VS line. The EWB tweeterâ€™s diaphragm is terminated to a metal plug at its center (creating a dimple)â€”stabilizing linear motion while significantly lowering distortion, improving dispersion, power handling, and clarity.
Multi-composite woofer cones
All Reflection models incorporate our new Fiber Ceramic Copolymer Material (FCCM) Woofer cones made from a composite of fiber and ceramic materials impregnated in a proprietary copolymer. By combining these multi-composite cones with Bostonâ€™s Deep ChannelÂ® Design, these woofers produce a smooth response over the entire operating range. That means you get all the thunder of high-output bass and all the subtleties and detail of the midrangeâ€”with minimal distortion.
Advanced cabinet design and driver configuration
While each speaker baffle features a smooth surface and invisible hardware, the real secret behind Reflectionâ€™s Super Linear Plane (SLP) Baffles is their unique ability to nearly eliminate acoustic diffraction. Super-shallow grilles using an invisible magnetic attachment create an almost entirely seamless alignment with the baffle plane to significantly reduce sonic barriers. The resulting sound is equally pristine with the grilles on or off. Coupled with Reflectionâ€™s tightly spaced driver placement, each speaker delivers near-point-source sonic coherence, wide dispersion, and astonishing imaging.
Boston Acoustics RS 244C Quadruple 4â€ť Center Channel Loudspeaker Specifications
- Frequency Range (+-3dB): 50Hz â€“ 26kHz
- Recommended Amplifier: 10 â€“ 200 Watts
- Sensitivity: 89 dB SPL/2.8V/m
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2,000 Hz
- Bass Driver: Quadruple 4" (102mm)
- High-Frequency Driver: 1" (25mm) Extended Wide Bandwidth
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5-7/8 x 23-3/8 x 6-11/16â€ť (720 x 148 x 169mm)
- Weight: 25.08 lbs (11.4 Kg)
Boston Acoustics RS 244C Quadruple 4â€ť Center Channel Loudspeaker Reviews
Product Q & A
The full manufacturer's warranty from Boston Acoustics is only valid when the Boston Acoustics RS 244C Quadruple 4â€ť Center Channel Loudspeaker is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Boston Acoustics RS 244C Quadruple 4â€ť Center Channel Loudspeaker.