Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini iPod/iPhone Speaker w/Integrated Dock
Compact design but big-speaker sound, with Flowport technology, compatible with Mac and PC
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini iPod/iPhone Speaker w/Integrated Dock Details
Digital Signal Processing
- Zeppelin Mini’s drive units are like sections of an orchestra, reproducing everything from the delicate frequencies of a violin to the bass impact of a kick drum. But even the greatest orchestra needs a conductor to ensure the parts are working together as they should. Digital Signal Processing optimizes the response of each unit, adjusting the sound balance depending on the signal. Which means all the subtle dynamics of your music are beautifully preserved, no matter how loud you play it.
- All over the world, demanding recording studios depend on our speakers for their near-flawless sound reproduction. But we don’t reserve our best technology just for studios. Zeppelin Mini was developed with exactly the same acoustic engineering principles we use to make the speakers in the control room of Abbey Road Studios. So you can trust Bowers & Wilkins with the music on your iPod. The people who made it already do.
- Bass is all about air movement. In order to produce really powerful, atmospheric bass effects, you need plenty of space within the speaker for the air generated by the bass units to move around freely. It’s a problem for smaller speakers – but not for Zeppelin Mini, whose Flowport gives the speaker’s mighty bass driver the air it needs to breath, while also minimizing any distortion caused by turbulence. So while the speaker might be mini, the bass it delivers is anything but.
- Every track on your iPod is made up of digital information. For your music to sound as good as it can be, you need to preserve as much of that information as possible. With most iPod speakers the music is taken in analogue format from the ipod. This results in unnecessary conversion between analogue and digital signals, and when that happens, you risk losing some of this precious data. Zeppelin Mini is different. It’s one of the few of its kind with a USB digital connection, keeping the purity of the digital signal – and your music – intact.
- Like Zeppelin, the design of Zeppelin Mini’s docking arm makes the most of the functionality of your iPod, positioning it just above the surface of the speaker at an angle that’s perfect for tapping a touch screen or tracking a scroll wheel. And this time we’ve been able to add something extra. The arm allows you to rotate the iPod to the horizontal position – ideal if you like to skip through your playlists using cover-flow, or for playing music videos.
- Zeppelin Mini isn’t just a superb iPod speaker – it’s also a superb computer speaker. Plug your Mac or PC into Zeppelin Mini using the USB port at the back of the device, and you’ll be able to get the same stunning sound quality from your desktop or laptop as you would from your mp3 player. Even better, once it’s connected, you can control iTunes directly with Zeppelin Mini’s remote.
- There’s no need to un-dock your iPod or iPhone if you want to sync it with iTunes or add more playlists - you can do it all through Zeppelin Mini. Simply connect the speaker to your computer by USB and switch it to standby, and your iPod will be linked directly to iTunes. Syncing contacts, apps, bookmarks, calendars and playlists couldn’t be easier.
- Lots of devices will happily connect with your Zeppelin Mini. Using the the AUX socket at the back of the speaker, you can connect your CD player, DVD player, other mp3 players – in fact, almost any electronic device that plays music or sound. And it doesn’t end there. Using a device like Apple’s Airport Express, you could make Zeppelin Mini part of a wireless network, streaming music wirelessly from your computer’s hard drive.
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini iPod/iPhone Speaker w/Integrated Dock Specifications
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Digital amplifier
- Switch mode power supply
- Rotating Arm for cover flow operation
- Flow port
- USB streaming from PC/Mac
- iPod/ iTunes sync
- Remote control
- 2x 75mm (3.0 in) full range
- -6dB at 38Hz and 20kHz
- 100V - 240V ac 50/60Hz on external power supply
- 16V DC on product
- 30-pin iPod connector
- 3.5mm mini jack analog
- USB 2.0 for PC connection: Streaming, synchronization & software upgrades
- 200mm (6.8 in) free standing
- 320mm (12.6 in)
- 100mm (4 in) free standing
- 2.5kg (5.5lbs)
- Black cloth
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini iPod/iPhone Speaker w/Integrated Dock Reviews
Product Q & A
The full manufacturer's warranty from Bowers & Wilkins is only valid when the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini iPod/iPhone Speaker w/Integrated Dock is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini iPod/iPhone Speaker w/Integrated Dock.