Home » Home Theater & Audio » Receivers » 7.1 Receivers » Denon 7.1 Receivers » AVR-1712 Surround Receiver ( PID:23959 )
Denon AVR-1712 Surround Receiver
7.1 Channel A/V Surround Receiver, HDMI, Standby Pass Through, Audio Return Channel
Mouse Over Main Image to Zoom In / Click Main Image to Enlarge
Denon AVR-1712 Surround Receiver Details
Denon's AVR-1712 is a 7.1ch A/V Surround Receiver and features HDMI 1.4a 6In/1Out 3D ready, audio return channel, HDMI Standby pass through and discrete power amps rated at 9.
- 7-Channel Equal Power: a feature used in multiple Denon amplifiers to connect 7 speakers independently so that separate power amps connected via pre-outs are not required.
- 7-Channel Stereo: this mode enables top quality normal 2 channel stereo output from the surround speakers to provide a unique 7 channel stereo option. It can be fully utilized from any high quality stereo source via CD, tape, FM-radio or video recorder for dynamic 7-channel output.
- AL24 Processing Plus: this new technology thoroughly suppresses quantization noise with D/A conversion of LPCM signals to reproduce the low-level signals with optimum clarity that brings out all the delicate nuances of the music.
- ASD-1R: convenient iPod docking station compatible with the Denon AVR-1712, includes charging, iPod control and playback of audio and video content is possible. Both the ASD-1R and the AVR-1712 are dependent of each device's capabilities.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume: solves the problem of large variation in volume level between television programs, commercials, and between the soft and loud passages of movies.
MultEQ XT: provides advanced room correction and calibration
technology. It is able to automatically determine how many loudspeakers
are connected, whether they are connected in phase and whether they are
satellites or subwoofers.
- Auto Set-Up/Room EQ Adjust: this feature eases setup hassles by confirming speaker phase, assessing the sizes of all your speakers, measuring speaker-to-listener distances, and balancing speaker levels.
- Cinema Equalizer: the sound from movie sources recorded in Dolby Digital, dts, or other formats emphasizes high-frequency range due to a theaters front speakers being placed behind the movie screen, if this sound is reproduced in the home theater without correction, the high-frequency range can be too strong. Denon amplifiers feature the Cinema Equalizer to correct these high-frequency components so that the sound is cleaner and easier to listen to.
- Custom Integration: this is Denon's certification to custom installers that models marked with the CI stamp have advanced connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems.
- Dolby Digital: multi-channel digital signal format developed by Dolby Laboratories, and it consists of up to 5.1 channels (front left, front right, center, surround left, surround right, and an additional channel reserved for additional deep bass).
- Dolby Digital Plus: Next-generation multichannel audio format, delivers up to 7.1 channels of better-than-DVD-quality surround sound in Blu-ray discs.Advanced coding efficiencies facilitate BD-Live and Bonusview playback and enable rich surround sound audio from digital broadcast, IPTV, and streamed and downloadable media.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx:furthers the matrix decoding technology of Dolby Pro Logic II to decode audio signals recorded on 2 channels up to 7.1 playback channels, including the surround back channel.
- DTS 96/24: used to describe the high resolution technology featuring 96 kHz sampling rate and 24-bit word length.
- dts Digital Surround: multi-channel digital signal format developed by Digital Theater Systems. The primary advantage is that it offers higher data rates, leading many home theater enthusiasts to claim the sound quality for movie or music audio tracks to be closer to the original master recordings.
- dts Neo:6 Surround: this mode applies
conventional 2-channel signals to the high precision digital matrix
decoder used for dts-ES Matrix 6.1 to achieve 6.1-channel surround
- dts-ES Extended Surround: multi-channel digital signal format that is used professionally in movie theaters since 1999, dts-ES Extended Surround greatly improves the 360-degree surround impression and space expression.
- GLO-KEY Technology: the keys on the remote control are made of fluorescent glow in the dark material to allow for easy use in dark rooms.
- HD Radio: Enables the reception of high-quality digital AM and FM stations which broadcasts simultaneously with traditional analog signals, HD Radio signals provide crystal-clear CD-quality sound, program information, and multiple channels of programming on the same FM frequency.
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface): this is a digital interface standard for next generation television developed based on the DVI used for computer displays and optimized for use in non-professional equipment. With this non-compressed digital video and multi-channel audio signals can be transferred with a single connector, eliminating the need to use separate cables for picture and sound and making it possible to make connectors smaller.
- Made for iPod: The Made for iPod mark signifies that this product has been designed to work with iPod devices either through docking stations or connection cables.
- MP3 (MPEG 1, Audio Layer 3): considered one of the most popular codec for storing and transferring music, it manages to deliver reasonable sound quality in files that are 80 to 90% smaller than comparable uncompressed WAV files.
- Multi-Room Entertainment System: Denons Multi Source
function lets you select different audio sources for listening in
- Noise Shaped Video (NSV): this feature works in the digital domain to reduce noise in the video signal frequency band in order to enhance video signal linearity, provide the most accurate signal representation, and enhance the picture quality.
- Personal Memory Plus: this allows a receiver to store the surround modes, the level setting for all speakers, and the delay time to further customize the sound source.
- Rhapsody: this subscription-based online music service from Real Networks gives users unlimited access to a vast library of major and independent label music.
- Sirius Ready: this delivers the best commercial-free music, plus all the top professional and college sports, expert sports talk, uncensored comedy and entertainment, news from the most trusted sources and local traffic and weather.
- WMA (Windows Media Audio): an audio compression format
developed with Microsoft technology. It claims to offer the highest
quality sound available in the industry.
Denon AVR-1712 Surround Receiver Specifications
|Equal Power Amplifiers||Y/7 ch|
|Power Output; Watts Per Channel||90|
|All Channels Rated @ 0.08 THD||Yes|
|Low Impedance Drive Capability||Yes|
|Microprocessor User Re-set||Yes|
|Pre-programmed Remote Control||Yes|
|Low Power Consumption in Standby Mode (0.1w)||Yes|
|Interactive owners Manual on CD-R||Yes|
|Digital Inputs: Coaxial||1|
|Digital Inputs: Optical||1|
|True 24-bit/96kHz Digital Input Capability||Yes|
|Assignable Digital Inputs||Yes|
|Analog Audio Inputs, Including Tuner||5|
|HDMI Video Inputs - v1.4a Supports 3D and Audio Return channel||6|
|HDMI Video Outputs||1|
|HDMI Audio/Video Repeater Function||Yes|
|HDMI Video Switching Function||Yes|
|HDMI Deep Color Support-36 Bit||Yes|
|HDMI xvYCC Color Space Support||Yes|
|Composite Video Inputs||3 Including Front|
|Composite Video Outputs||1|
|S-Video Inputs||1 x Dock|
|Component Video Inputs x Bandwidth - *Assignable||*2 x 60 MHz|
|Component Video Outputs||Yes|
|Front Panel A/V Inputs with Cover *Composite||Yes|
|RS-232 Port - Third Party Remote Controllers||Yes|
|Main Zone Pre-Amp Outputs||Sub|
|iPod Dock Control Port (Using optional ASD-11R Dock)||Yes|
|Auto Setup Calibration||Yes|
|Input Delete Function||Yes|
|Auto/Manual Room Equalization||Yes|
|Audyssey MultEQ Room Equalization||Yes/MultEQ XT|
|Audyssey Dynamic Volume||Yes|
|Audyssey Dynamic EQ||Yes|
|Auto Setup Microphone Included/Type||Yes|
|Variable High/Low Pass Crossover Points (12/24dB) - 40/60/80/100/120/150/200/250||Yes|
|Icon-Based Graphical User Interface with video overlay on 1080p HDMI Output||Yes|
|On Screen first time Setup Wizard||Yes|
|Personal Memory Plus||Yes|
|Audio Signal Delay (Sync. Audio with Video Signal) - By Source||Yes|
|Auto Surround Mode (Analog or Digital Input Type)||Yes|
|Direct Function (Tone Bypass)||Yes|
|Volume Control Un-muting||Yes|
|Discrete Remote Power On/Off, Source Selection and Volume for Main and Second/Third* Zones||Yes|
|Assignable Amplifier Configuration of Surround Back Channels||Yes|
|Speaker Time-Delay and Level Controls: L/R, Sub, C, Surround L/R, Surround Back||Yes|
|Relay-Controlled Protection Circuits||Yes|
|Pre Labled Assignable Digital Inputs||Yes|
|Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit - D.D.S.C. - HD||Yes|
|Dolby Digital, dts and DSP Modes - Analog Devices, HammerHead SHARC||Yes|
|Processor - Bit Depth and Type||ADSP21487 x 1 32-bit Floating Point|
|AL24 Processing||FL/FR Only|
|24-bit/192-kHz DACs||AKM Semiconductor 24-bit/192kHz AK5358VQ x 2 per channel differential|
|Analog-to-Digital Conversion - Bit Depth/Sampling Rate||24-bit/192-kHz AK5358B|
|Independent Power Supplies||Yes|
|Banana Plug Speaker Terminals, All Channels||Yes|
|Dolby Pro Logic IIz - with Cinema, Music, Game Modes||Yes|
|Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital+ Decoding||Yes|
|Dolby Digital Surround EX Decoding||Yes|
|dts-HD Master audio and High Resolution Decoding||Yes|
|dts ES Discrete 6.1 Decoding||Yes|
|dts ES Matrix 6.1 Decoding||Yes|
|dts Neo:6 Stereo-to-Surround Cinema and Music Mode||Yes|
|dts 93/24 5.1 for DVD-Video Processing||Yes|
|Stereo/Direct Modes with Pure Analog Path||Yes|
|Multi-Channel Stereo Mode||Yes|
|Video Game Mode||Yes|
|Mono Movie Surround Mode||Yes|
|Rock Arena Surround Mode||Yes|
|Matrix Sound Mode||Yes|
|Jazz Club Surround Mode||Yes|
|Virtual Surround Mode - For 2 Speakers/Headphones||Yes|
Denon AVR-1712 Surround Receiver Reviews
Thanks for taking a moment to learn about our "Verified" designations. We employ verification processes to build credibility and promote product reviews. Verified Buyer An individual who has purchased the reviewed item from our company and submitted their review using a process that verifies purchase history. This designation ensures the actual buyer is reviewing the purchased item. Verified Reviewer An individual who has confirmed their email address using our validation process. This designation ensures that product reviewers are using their real email addresses.
Product Q & A
Do you need additional device to connect an ipod?
Monday, April 23, 2012 08:42 PM
Answer by a Your Electronic Warehouse ExpertThe Denon AVR-1712 has a Dock Control Port and other dedicated inputs - such as the front-side stereo mini jack - that provide direct connectivity to your iPod or iPhone (use an AppleŽ certified stereo cable). In addition, the Denon Networked Control Dock (sold separately) can also be used with this receiver for network streaming or docking your iPod/iPhone. Thank you for your inquiry.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 09:56 AM
Could I use this receiver with a 4 way speaker selector to power a whole home audio system?
Thursday, February 16, 2012 07:37 PM
Answer by a Your Electronic Warehouse ExpertYes, and you may even use the speaker selector on the AVR-1712 Surround Receiver itself. Thank you for your inquiry.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:13 AM
The full manufacturer's warranty from Denon is only valid when the Denon AVR-1712 Surround Receiver is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Denon AVR-1712 Surround Receiver.