Niles Audio MSU250
Infrared Repeater System Hub
Niles Audio MSU250 Details
An infrared (IR) extender system enables you to control your IR remote controlled A/V equipment from a remote location. This enables you to place your A/V components out of sight (behind cabinet doors, in the rear of a room, or in a differentroom) and still conveniently operate your equipment.
Installed at the equipment location, the MSU250 receives the IR commands transmitted from your existing hand-held remotes in that room. The commands are carried via a small category 5 cable to your A/V equipment in another room, and instantly “repeated”.
The MSU250 is compatible with all current Niles infrared systems. The model MSU250 is an IR Main System Unit. It is one of three elements that make up an infrared extender system:
IR Main System Unit
Features and Benefits
The MSU250 offers a number of improvements over other IR Extender Main System Units:
Universal system—compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls.
Accommodates two IR sensors or keypads.
Provides five flasher outputs via convenient 3.5mm jacks.
System feedback LED confirms operation.
12VDC Output—This is useful for triggering external devices and system automation.
3-30V AC/DC status input. Provides system status to connected sensors and keypads.
Expandable—an IRH610 IR expansion hub can be used to provide additional inputs.
2x variable flasher out (4 + 5).
Printed circuit board design assures high reliability.
Low profile and small footprint with integrated mounting wings that allow for both horizontal and vertical installation.
UL listed regulated in-line power supply with universal voltage capability.
Two year parts and labor warranty.
Niles Audio MSU250 Specifications
- Two IR sensor inputs with removable screwless connectors
- Use with IRH610 (FG01018) to provide additional inputs
- Five IR flasher outputs (three full power, two variable power ) with 3.5mm flasher output jacks including: two switchable high/low flasher jacks for driving IRB1 flooding flashers or MicroFlashers®
- Low profile, small footprint for unobtrusive installation
- Integrated mounting wings accommodate both vertical and horizontal installation
- UL-listed regulated in-line power supply with universal voltage capability
- 12V DC status input jack
- 12-volt output can be triggered by a command from a learning remote
- System feedback LED indicator provides visual indication of operation
- Rugged all metal chassis construction
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- Dimensions: 5-11/16" wide x 1-1/4" high x 2" deep
- Shipping weight: approximately 2 lbs
Niles Audio MSU250 Reviews
- Easy To Set Up
Product Q & A
Niles Audio MSU250 Accessories
The full manufacturer's warranty from Niles Audio is only valid when the Niles Audio MSU250 is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Niles Audio MSU250. The Niles Audio MSU250 may be referred to by the following terms: FG01003, MSU250.