Sonos ZonePlayer 120 Wireless Music System
ZP120 - Compact wireless digital amplifier for multi-room audio, connects to stereo speakers via spring binding posts or RCA jacks
Sonos ZonePlayer 120 Wireless Music System Details
When it comes to controlling your ZP120 and the vast array of music on your computer and the Internet, you’ve got a choice of Sonos Controllers. You can use the dedicated touch screen Sonos Controller 200, the free Sonos Controller for iPhone app, or the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC — included with the ZP120.
Superior sound with a powerful digital amplifier
The ZP120’s state-of the-art digital amplifier delivers audiophile-quality sound to any room. The energy-efficient Class D amplifier provides 55W per channel of power with a THD+N <.02% for excellent audio quality playback — without hisses, crackles or hums. And because the amplifier is built in, you won’t need to connect to a stereo to play your music. Just plug it in, connect to speakers and enjoy.
Best-in-class wireless technology for multi-room music
The ZP120 brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, our latest wireless mesh network technology, provides double the wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which means the music gets to all the right rooms — near or far — at exactly the right time.
Instant access to endless music
Sonos liberates the music on your computer and the Internet so you can play it all, all over the house. Wherever there’s a ZP120 (or any other ZonePlayer), you can listen to your personal library of music stored on your computer, plus thousands of free Internet radio stations. And Sonos works seamlessly with the most popular music services so you can stream millions of songs and stations from the Internet to the rooms of your choice. You can even connect the ZP120 to your favorite audio source such as an iPod or CD player and listen on all the ZonePlayers throughout your house.
Simple setup and expansion
Setting up your ZP120 is incredibly easy. No technical or wiring expertise required. And no need to break through walls or re-wire your entire house. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. One ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge in your system must be connected to the router and all the rest will work wirelessly. Add more ZonePlayers in more rooms without adding wires.
Sonos ZonePlayer 120 Wireless Music System Specifications
- Amplifier: Class-D
- Rated output: 110W RMS (2x55W continuous average power into 8 ohms, THD+N<0.02%)
- Speaker connections: Spring binding posts (in North America the ZP120 has the combined spring binding post / banana jack connectors)
- Line-in connections: Auto-detecting RCA type
- Subwoofer out: Auto-detecting RCA type, 80 Hz crossover
- Audio formats supported:
- Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files.
- Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.Note: Apple "Fairplay", AAC Enhanced and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple “Fairplay” DRM-protected songs may be upgraded. See Apple for details.
- Deezer, Last.fm, Napster®, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SIRIUS® Internet Radio, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region. Click here to see the music services that work with Sonos in your area.)
- Windows® XP SP2 or higher, Windows Vista™ or Windows 7; Mac OS X v10.4 or higher, including v10.6; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Streaming MP3, WMA
- JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Wireless connectivity: SonosNet 2.0, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, user-switchable
- Front-panel buttons: Volume and Mute
- Front-panel lights: Indicate ZonePlayer status and Mute status
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.50 x 7.28 x 8.15 in. (89 x 185 x 207 mm)
- Weight: 5.1 lb (2.3 kg)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Product finish: Anodized precision machined extrusion aluminum case. Aluminum casing also facilitates passive cooling.
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish
- Sonos ZonePlayer 120, power cord, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos System Setup software CD-ROM (Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista or Windows 7; Mac OS X v10.4 and higher, including v10.6), Sonos Multi-Room Music System Setup Guide
Sonos ZonePlayer 120 Wireless Music System Reviews
Product Q & A
The full manufacturer's warranty from Sonos is only valid when the Sonos ZonePlayer 120 Wireless Music System is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Sonos ZonePlayer 120 Wireless Music System.