Sonos ZonePlayer 90 Wireless Music System
ZP90 - Connect to any amplified device using RCA, optical or digital coax, for multi-room wireless audio
Sonos ZonePlayer 90 Wireless Music System Details
When it comes to controlling your ZP90 and the vast array of music on your computer and the Internet, you’ve got a choice of Sonos Controllers. You can use the dedicated touch screen Sonos Controller 200, the free Sonos Controller for iPhone app, or the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC — included with every ZP90.
Connects to all your favorite audio equipment
Simply connect the ZP90 to the audio equipment you already own — your home theater receiver, stereo system, powered speakers, and more — and enjoy the music. The digital and analog outputs, connected to your favorite sound system, deliver superior sound to every room. And when it comes to volume control you’ve got a choice: via Sonos or directly on your favorite audio equipment.
Best-in-class wireless technology for multi-room music
The ZP90 brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, our latest wireless mesh network technology, provides double the wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which means the music gets to all the right rooms — near or far — at exactly the right time.
Instant access to endless music
Sonos liberates the music on your computer and the Internet so you can play it all, all over the house. Wherever there's a ZP90 (or any other ZonePlayer), you can listen to your personal library of music stored on your computer, plus thousands of free Internet radio stations. And Sonos works seamlessly with the most popular music services so you can stream millions of songs and stations from the Internet to the rooms of your choice. You can even connect the ZP90 to your favorite audio source such as an iPod or CD player and listen on all the ZonePlayers throughout your house.
Simple setup and expansion
Setting up your ZP90 is incredibly easy. No technical or wiring expertise required. And no need to break through walls or re-wire your entire house. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. One ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge in your system must be connected to the router and all the rest will work wirelessly. Add more ZonePlayers in more rooms without adding wires.
New features and music services with automatic updates
Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the ZP90 and the entire Sonos system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software updates you’ll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Just register your system and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Sonos ZonePlayer 90 Wireless Music System Specifications
- Sound quality: THD+N <0.009%, 20Hz-20kHz
- Line-out connections: Analog (RCA), digital (optical and coaxial)
- Line-in connections: Analog (RCA), auto-detecting
- Audio formats supported:
- Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files.
- Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Apple "Fairplay", AAC Enhanced and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple “Fairplay” DRM-protected songs may be upgraded. See Apple for details.
- Deezer, Last.fm, Napster®, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SIRIUS® Internet Radio, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region. Click here to see the music services that work with Sonos in your area.)
- Windows® XP SP2 or higher, Windows Vista™ or Windows 7;Mac OS X v10.4 or higher, including v10.6; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Streaming MP3, WMA
- JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Wireless connectivity: SonosNet™ 2.0, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- Network bridging: The 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Front-panel buttons: Volume and Mute
- Front-panel lights: Indicate ZonePlayer status and Mute status
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.91 x 5.35 x 5.51 in (74 x 136 x 140 mm)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs (0.69 kg)
- Operating temperature: 32ºF to 104ºF (0ºC to 40ºC)
- Storage temperature: 4ºF to 158ºF (-20ºC to 70ºC)
- Product finish: White, high quality polycarbonate material
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Sonos ZonePlayer ZP90, power cord, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos System Setup software CD-ROM (Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista or Windows 7; Mac OS X v10.4 or higher, including v10.6), Sonos Multi-Room Music System Set-up Guide, 1 RCA stereo audio cable, 1 stereo mini to RCA Y-audio cable.
Sonos ZonePlayer 90 Wireless Music System Reviews
Product Q & A
The full manufacturer's warranty from Sonos is only valid when the Sonos ZonePlayer 90 Wireless Music System is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Sonos ZonePlayer 90 Wireless Music System.