Sonos ZonePlayer S5 Wireless Music System
S5 - Five-speaker unit for multi-room audio, can be controlled by iPhone or Controller 200
Sonos ZonePlayer S5 Wireless Music System Details
When it comes to controlling your S5 and the vast array of music on your computer and the Internet, you can simply reach for your iPhone™ or iPod® touch. The free Sonos Controller for iPhone app makes it easy to find and play any song, in any room. The S5 also includes free software for control from your Mac or PC. Or you can get even more control with the dedicated Sonos Controller 200.
Crystal-clear, room-filling sound
The S5 is a high-performance wireless music system with 2 tweeters, 2 mid-range drivers and 1 subwoofer driver for bass you can feel. Each speaker is powered by a dedicated digital amplifier (5 in all) and optimized to deliver accurate tonal balance and deep bass. The S5’s all digital sound architecture provides precise sound reproduction, just as the artist intended. And all filter settings, active equalization and time-alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry, so there’s absolutely no loss of audio quality or energy.
Convenient, all-in-one solution
The S5 is a complete wireless music system that works wherever you want music. No need to connect to speakers or audio equipment. Just plug it in and enjoy. Want music in another room? Simply add more S5s to your house without adding wires. And when the party moves outside or to another room, just pick up the S5 with the convenient, built-in handle and take the music with you.
Instant access to endless music
Sonos liberates the music on your computer and the Internet so you can play it all over the house. Wherever there’s an S5 (or any other ZonePlayer), you can listen to your entire collection of iTunes music, plus thousands of free Internet radio stations. And Sonos works seamlessly with the most popular music services so you can stream millions of songs and stations from the Internet to the rooms of your choice. You can even connect the S5 to your favorite audio source such as an iPod or CD player and listen on all the ZonePlayers throughout your house.
Control it all from your iPhone and more
Wirelessly control all your music and all your ZonePlayers with your choice of Sonos Controllers. Got an iPhone™ or iPod® touch? Then, simply download the free Sonos Controller for iPhone app and take control. Want a dedicated Controller that everyone in the house can use? Grab the touch screen Sonos Controller 200 and pick a room, find a song and touch play. Got a desktop or laptop? Then use the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC for added control. They all work together seamlessly so mix and match to your heart’s content.
Best-in-class wireless technology for multi-room music
The S5 brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, our wireless mesh network technology, provides superior wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which means the music gets to all the right rooms — near or far — at exactly the right time.
Simple setup & expansion
Setting up your S5 is incredibly easy — simply plug it in. No technical or wiring expertise required. No speakers or audio equipment to connect. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. One ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge in your system must be connected to the router and all the rest will work wirelessly. Add more S5s in more rooms without wires.
New features and music services with automatic updates
Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the S5 and the entire Sonos system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software updates you’ll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Just register your system and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Sonos ZonePlayer S5 Wireless Music System Specifications
- Amplifier: 5 Class-D digital amplifiers
- Speakers: 5 driver speaker system, with 2 tweeters, 2 3” mid-range drivers, and 1 3.5” woofer. Each driver of the product is individually powered by a dedicated amplifier.
- Headphone: Auto-detecting 3.5 mm headphone connection. The S5’s integrated speakers mute when headphones are inserted.
- Audio line-in: Auto-detecting 3.5mm audio line-in connection
- Audio formats supported include:
- Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files.
- Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.Note: Apple "Fairplay", AAC Enhanced and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded. See Apple for details.
- Deezer, Last.fm, Napster®, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SIRIUS® Internet Radio, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region. Click here to see the music services that work with Sonos in your area.)
- Windows® XP SP2 and higher; Mac OS X v10.4 and higher; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Streaming MP3, WMA
- JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Wireless connectivity: SonosNet 2.0, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Top-panel buttons
- Volume and Mute
- Top-panel lights indicate ZonePlayer status and Mute status
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 8.50 x 14.40 x 4.80 in. (217 x 365 x 123 mm)
- Weight: 9.15 lb (4.15 kg)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Product finish: White finish with light metallic grill
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish
- Sonos ZonePlayer S5, power cord, line-in audio cable, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos System Setup software CD-ROM, Product Guide, and Setup Poster
Sonos ZonePlayer S5 Wireless Music System Reviews
Product Q & A
The full manufacturer's warranty from Sonos is only valid when the Sonos ZonePlayer S5 Wireless Music System is purchased from an Internet Authorized Dealer. We will match any Internet Authorized Dealer's best price on the Sonos ZonePlayer S5 Wireless Music System.